His Excellency Dr. Hashim bin Abdullah Yamani, president of King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy, met with K.A.CARE's employees to explain K.A.CARE's approved programs within the National Transformation Program 2020 and the mechanisms of implementation, which included the following:
- The launch of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques initiative for renewable energy in the Kingdom.
- Identify and prepare the construction locations of the first nuclear power plant sites and provide necessary infrastructure.
- Develop needed qualitative human capabilities for atomic and renewable energy sectors.
- Develop and localize industrial and service opportunities and support private sector partnerships.
- Localization of small nuclear reactors compact (SMART Technology).
- Localize needed renewable energy technologies to support the Kingdom's power and water desalination sectors.
- Localization of nuclear fuel cycle in uranium production, achieving investment returns.
- Develop necessary legislations for atomic energy sector.
- Developing necessary legislations for renewable energy sector.
- Develop appropriate mechanism for private sector participation (renewable energy) .